Come to our Festival in Merimbula NSW on the weekend of 19 August 2023!
The full program for the in-person festival weekend will be posted in June 2023.
Bar Beach, Merimbula – a favourite spot to swim, surf or make a film! Photo credit: Lis Shelley
How do I buy tickets?
Tickets for the festival will go on sale in July 2023.
Terms & Conditions
All pass and ticket sales are managed by Far South Film Inc through TryBooking. Tickets are non-refundable unless an event is cancelled by the organiser. In the event that a ticketholder is unable, due government regulations, to attend an in-person event due to COVID-19 isolation requirements, a credit will be offered to view the event via our online festival instead. Tickets may be transferred to friend or family member. Far South Film is under no obligation to honour tickets that have been scalped or otherwise re-sold via other 3rd party websites or via social media.
Far South Film runs workshops in the months leading up to each Festival – keep an eye out on the Far South Film website.
Where can I stay/eat?
Merimbula is an amazing holiday destination with a wide range of accommodation, eateries and activities waiting for you. Plus, the whale watching season is on at the same time as the festival!
Keep an eye out for discounts published here over the coming months for festival-goers.
Check out Merimbula Tourism for more accommodation, food and activity ideas…
How do I get there?
- Merimbula is halfway between Sydney and Melbourne just off the A1 Princes Highway, and just under 3 hours drive from Canberra via Cooma/Bemboka/Candelo/Wolumla.
- Rex Airlines flies into Merimbula Airport from Sydney and Melbourne. The flight takes about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- There are also VLine and TrainLink trains+coaches that travel to Merimbula from Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
What about COVID?
- We monitor NSW Health for the latest advice to keep everyone safe. Check the COVID requirements closer to the event.
Steps to reduce your COVID risk
Cases of COVID-19 remain high in the community. To protect yourself and your loved ones:
- Stay up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Stay home if you have cold or flu symptoms and get tested.
- Wear a mask in crowded, indoor places.
- Talk with your doctor now if you’re at higher risk of severe illness. You may be eligible for antiviral medicines.
- Don’t visit people who are at higher risk if you have symptoms or COVID-19.
- In the event that a session cannot go ahead, you will be offered a ticket to a rescheduled session (if available), a credit voucher for the following year’s festival, or a full refund if you are unable to attend the rescheduled session. Please note that ticket processing fees may not be refundable from TryBooking.
The Festival includes Q&A Panels with guest film makers. Stay tuned for announcements about our panel themes and guests!
- Award winners selected by our judging panel will be announced on the evening of the festival – Sat 19 August 2023
- Winners will be announced on our website and our social media as soon as the ceremony is over and a recording of the session will be uploaded online.
- Winners will be contacted individually to arrange their prize transfer.
People’s Choice Award
- Audiences will be able to vote for their favourite film for the People’s Choice Award. Your vote needs to reach us by AEST midnight on 19 August 2023.
- The People’s Choice Award will be announced on 20 August 2023 via our website and social media.
Thank you to our partners and sponsors