We invite you to come and watch our Film Festival in Merimbula NSW in 2024!
Bar Beach, Merimbula – a favourite spot to swim, surf, watch whales or make a film! Photo credit: Lis Shelley
Our festival for 2023 is now over – thanks to everyone who came along! Check back here for details of our 2024 festival from May 2024.
Here was our program for 2023: Program
How do I book tickets?
Tickets will be available online for 2024.
You can also book last-minute tickets (subject to availability) from the Festival Desk on the day. We strongly recommend you book online before the festival however, so you can get into the cinema quicker and don’t miss out on a seat.
Ticket Terms & Conditions
All pass and ticket sales are managed by Far South Film Inc through TryBooking. Tickets are non-refundable unless an event is cancelled by the organiser. Tickets may be transferred to a friend or family member for no higher cost than the original ticket. Far South Film is under no obligation to honour tickets that have been scalped or otherwise re-sold via 3rd party websites or via social media.
Where can I stay/eat?
Merimbula is an amazing holiday destination with a wide range of accommodation including holiday houses/apartments, motels, cabins, camping places, AirBNBs as well as great cafes, clubs and eateries and activities including whale watching waiting for you. Many accommodation places are within walking distance of our venues, some with a view over the ocean – you might even spot a whale or two from your balcony! The localities of Pambula, Pambula Beach, Tura Beach and Mirador are within 5-7 minutes’ drive from Merimbula.
Festival Accommodation Specials
Check back here in 2024 for accommodation specials for Festival goers.
Thanks to our 2023 accommodation discount providers:
Check out Merimbula Tourism for more accommodation, food and activity ideas…
How do I get there?
- Merimbula is halfway between Sydney and Melbourne just off the A1 Princes Highway
- Merimbula is 3 hours’ drive from Canberra via Cooma/Bemboka/Candelo/Wolumla.
- Rex Airlines and Qantas fly into Merimbula Airport from Sydney and Melbourne. The flight takes about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- VLine train+coach services travel to Merimbula from Melbourne and eastern Victoria.
- TrainLink train+coach services travel to Merimbula from Sydney and Canberra.
- Premier Motor Service coaches travel between Sydney and Merimbula on the coastal route.
How do I get around?
Most things are within walking distance in Merimbula (map), but here are some other options for getting out and about – we recommend you book ahead:
- Taxi: Merimbula Eden Taxi Service 02 6495 2103
- Car Hire: Merimbula Airport 02 64975999
- Bega Valley Personal Transport: Variety of vehicles including 7 seater 0433 648 451
- Bus (local services only): Sapphire Coast Buslines
- Local clubs run courtesy buses in the evenings if you’re having dinner there, see: Club Sapphire or Merimbula RSL
- Bike & Surfboard Hire Cycle n Surf 1A Marine Parade
- SUP & Kayak Hire Mitchies Jetty cnr Fishpen Rd & Ocean Drive
What about COVID?
We monitor NSW Health for the latest advice to keep everyone safe. Check the COVID requirements closer to the event.
Steps to reduce your COVID risk
Cases of COVID-19 are still about in the community. To protect yourself and your loved ones:
- Stay up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Stay home if you have cold or flu symptoms and get tested.
- Wear a mask in crowded, indoor places.
- Talk with your doctor now if you’re at higher risk of severe illness. You may be eligible for antiviral medicines.
Q&A Panels and Meet & Greet the Filmmakers
The Festival includes Q&A Panels with guest film makers. Find out more about the the films you are seeing at the festival and ask questions! There’s also a Meet & Greet networking session. Check the Program in 2024.
Recordings of our Q&A sessions from 2023 will be made available online shortly. Like our Facebook page to get updates.
- Award winners selected by our judging panel are announced during our Awards Ceremony.
- Winners will be announced on our website and our social media after the ceremony is over and a recording of the session will be uploaded online.
- Winners are contacted individually to arrange their prize transfer.
People’s Choice Award
- Audiences will be able to vote for their favourite film for the People’s Choice Award. Watch your email inbox for a link to submit your TWO favourite films. Votes must be received by the deadline stated to count. You can also choose to go in the draw for a free Festival T-Shirt when you vote and respond to our audience survey.
- The People’s Choice Award was announced on 20 August 2023 here.
Can I get a Festival T Shirt?
Sure can! Help support the festival by buying one of our exclusive T shirts any time or from our Festival Desk when you get here.