See you in 2022!
Bar Beach, Merimbula – a favourite spot for a swim, surf or a coffee for locals and filmmakers alike! Photo credit: Lis Shelley
Far South Film runs workshops in the months leading up to the Festival – keep an eye out on the Far South Film website.
How do I buy tickets?
Tickets will go on sale online in July 2022.
TBA for 2022.
Where can I stay/eat?
We hope to see you at our festival in 2022!
Merimbula is an amazing holiday destination with a wide range of accommodation waiting for you. Plus, the whale watching season begins in August.
How do I get there?
- Merimbula is halfway between Sydney and Melbourne just off the A1 Princes Highway, and just under 3 hours drive from Canberra via Cooma/Bemboka/Candelo.
- Rex Airlines and QANTAS fly into Merimbula Airport from Sydney and Melbourne. The flight takes about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- There are also VLine and TrainLink trains+coaches that travel to Merimbula from Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
What about COVID?
- Our venues and organisation have registered COVID-Safe plans in place and we monitor NSW Health for the latest advice to keep everyone safe.
Check the COVID safety requirements closer to the event. Check-in with the Service NSW app, which you can download for free below:
- In the event that a physical in-person festival cannot go ahead, you will be offered the choice of a credit to view the festival online, or a refund.
Online Festival FAQ
How do I view films online?
- You’ll be able to pre-order films before the start of the festival, and during the online festival period.
- Create an account online, then pre-purchase Film Bundles or individual films (Bundles offer better value).
- There will be a 10 day window in which you can watch your selected films.
How do I view the Q&As and Awards Ceremony online?
- We’ll be live streaming and recording these events. If you have purchased a ticket for the livestream you will be emailed a Zoom link to follow on the day, otherwise you can just rent the recording from your online account (note: there will be a delay of a few hours between the live stream and the recording being available).
Can I vote for my favourite film?
- You sure can. Once you’ve registered your email address via our online booking system and had a chance to watch the films, we’ll email you a survey where you can vote for your favourite two films. The People’s Choice Award will be announced in September.
I’m having trouble viewing the films online
- Online films are geoblocked for viewing within Australia only. If you’re having problems, it may be because you are using a VPN or accessing the Internet via an overseas provider.
- Films are streamed at HD 1080p by default and will automatically adapt to a lower resolution depending on your bandwidth. If the film is not playing smoothly however, try lowering the resolution of the video stream by changing to a lower number setting (eg 720p).
- Avoid watching in prime time (5-7pm) when Internet speeds tend to be slower in regional areas.
- Check what other devices might be using high amounts of bandwidth in your household (online gaming or large file downloads for example)
- Check the Help page on our Online Festival platform for more details on system requirements, compatability of browsers etc.
- The Festival includes Q&A Panels with guest film makers. Stay tuned for announcements!
- Awards will be announced on the first Sunday of the festival.
- Award winners will be announced on our website and on social media as soon as the ceremony is over.
- Like our Facebook page to see filmmaker profiles and news about the festival.
- Film makers will be contacted individually after the awards.
- Ticketholders are invited to vote for The People’s Choice Award via an emailed link. The winner of this award is announced in September.
Thank you to our sponsors